Contest and Giveaways
  • ... Be Sure to Check the --- See Site Contest Giveaways and More in Site Related Below---To See current Contest and Giveaways...
  • Lights of March Contest
Mark

Site Point System Explained

Rate Topic 0

UPDATED 3/3/18

The attached Images show how the Site awards a Point rating system to different activities and ratings as such...

This is how this months Giveaway Awards will be calculated for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place.

:36_2_50:

This has been UPDATED

I hope you all enjoy the work done here to try to make this one of the best Online Off road group of people going forward...

Enjoy

Mark

Right now there is a system Typo if you look above line 2 states Active Monthly thats supposed to be weekly as you can see by the comments in the description it states weekly log in

image.jpeg

So you have a daily of 1 point, weekly of 2 points and monthly of 3 points...

:7_5_141:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=31d0f6168b2c3dabHere is a break down REVISED of the points awarded and for what, they have changed...

You no longer get points for replies to Content, You earn them when others reply to your topics but not when you reply to someone elses this was being abused to a small degree and it is fair for all, if you create an interesting thread and others comment You will receive points, you can reply and then even more comments on your thread will earn you more points.

See grid it continues the entire length down the forum in the same exact manner for all areas even if not shown...

image.jpeg :36_1_30:

In the event of Abuse you will receive a warning once, after that the second time...you will be removed from the contest for that month, a third offense will result in a ban...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Such as Comments on files, nonsense Posting, or fluff, like I love this, with no description as to why...

The goal is for you to be you.

So just try to be realistic and normal People...

If I can so can YOU...

:36_2_27:

If you want to truly make some good post?

Then go to the Locations By State Area and start adding a description to Trails with Google maps embedded and maybe even a contact of a local who would enjoy showing trails to visiting Jeeple...Follow the examples of how I personally have posted Jeeping and Offroad Locations...

When I head out to go wheeling I usually post in a group located close to the area, and I have yet to find a single area where no one offered to Show me around or head out there as a guide with me, and I get around the country pretty well at times...

One of the Primary reasons I started this site was to start a master database of local trails that people may not know about...

Maps are also key with a description and some pics if possible...

If Locations are posted without a Description, and an interactive Google MAP min, 

YOU will be asked to correct the item and if not corrected the item will Be DELETED and 2 points will be removed....

:36_17_6:

This is why I created this site first and foremost to help people traveling to find Locals and Trails with Maps and descriptions. 

IF ADDING JEEP OR OFFROAD LOCATIONS YOU NEED TO INCLUDE A GOOGLE MAP LINK......

A picture of a Map does not qualify.

What you do is find the address to the location in google maps, then copy the web address from the browser or the pin location when you paste it in a map will appear...

IT IS NOT THE SAME AS A SCREEN SHOT....I will put a link up as a guide for locations....

At the bottom of this thread so you can see...

I would like to personally wish everyone the best of luck on winning and welcome to American Jeeper...

Mark

You will notice the map shown says directions well this would work on your device making typing in an address not required ....for the person who is trying to find Windrock to visit the park....kinda what this site is about...

Hey, I will work on figuring this site out and figuring out how to post on the Robbers Cave Trails. I’m just 10 mins away and can always find at least a few Jeepers to go on an unplanned wheeling trip at anytime. I also have local contacts so if they are in the area and need help they could just shoot me a message or call me. I just don’t want everyone and their dog having my phone number! 😁

So here is how you do that....

Post in the robbers cave thread or start your own in the Oklahoma Location topic, then put if you are interested in wheeling at Robbers Cave....

As title

Then in the body you can say shoot me a message or reply to this thread ...

Use the site notification by selecting follow content and then make sure you have send email about content I follow, You can select an email per, and email a day or an email a week...

Plus you can select the notification in a pop up if you want...

Then you do not have to give out your phone number or even an email address if you dont want to...

You can use the built in messenger system and communicate whith anyone interested in going then take it from there...

:)

:36_1_22:

Ok, I will try it this evening and if I can figure it out I will meaaage you. Thank You!! 

This is what I got when I tried to make an event. Could you tell me the steps to make an event please .

605D73F1-FE97-4BB1-B920-08862F50A920.png

the site will award a point automatically for each post reply to your post or reply to another post uploading images creating albums the whole nine...

At the dead line I can freeze the point system then see who the winner is site admin are not included but supermods like yourself and moderators are because I have the points set up the same for everyone...

Since you dont retain I made it so you can look at the pictures above and see how many points everything is rated at mostly 1 point for each thing I think I made it two for a reply to your topic or something but I forget because I too have the attention span of a nat...and well Im really busy these days...

It helps generate real content gives people a chance to help me so every post isnt mine and you all can win a bumper or cash and more I will be doing contest monthly and changing rules so that folks will continue to take part and check in...

Like I need a lot more jeeping trails from all over the country you can see how I make mine the jeep badge rated are the worse because they are harder to get precise GPS coordinates for...

But in simplicity if you know where a trail is located you go to that state and then start a topic in there and then post the name or whatever you want to call it, and then add the GPS location from google maps you can paste it in as a link and the map will auto poulate (that took me like 16 hours and four or five days to iron out...then post some pics and submit...

simple

Next Month will be 52" light bar RGB color controlled with phone app plus 8 rock lights same set up RGB and 4 white light pods...I have found the color RGB needs work in them they tend to leak...

that also will be close to 500 deal and I will offer cash as option also...

Lets see if I can figure this out!

On 1/25/2018 at 10:00 AM, Paula Stowe said:

Ok .. I read it but I have the attention span of a gnat. Self admitted! So umm .. Squirrel! 

Me too! lol

Simple...

The site has built in software that automatically tracks things like this...

When you log in (all sites do this) and when you log out

If you make a post or reply to a post...

If you upload images and when you reply or someone replies to a post you made...

All of these are points in this system and I can control how many points are awarded as shown in those images of my computer screen above...

Best explanation is log in once a day....make some post, get replies , reply to others and upload images and post events and jeep trails...your points will continue to build up...

At the end of the month the winner will be the person with the most points....you can help get points by posting threads others reply to or ask questions about....

Thats about it in a nut shell

Never mind here is how...

On 2/19/2018 at 11:59 AM, American Jeeper said:

Simple...

The site has built in software that automatically tracks things like this...

When you log in (all sites do this) and when you log out

If you make a post or reply to a post...

If you upload images and when you reply or someone replies to a post you made...

All of these are points in this system and I can control how many points are awarded as shown in those images of my computer screen above...

Best explanation is log in once a day....make some post, get replies , reply to others and upload images and post events and jeep trails...your points will continue to build up...

At the end of the month the winner will be the person with the most points....you can help get points by posting threads others reply to or ask questions about....

Thats about it in a nut shell